The Fraunhofer Personnel Certification Authority at Fraunhofer FIT certifies qualifications in the field of Metal Additive Manufacturing Production.
The certificate "Metal Additive Manufacturing Professional – Production" certifies that graduates have fundamental knowledge of how to evaluate metal-based additive manufacturing processes for production tasks. In addition, a "Metal Additive Manufacturing Professional – Production" is able to organize the setup and operation of an additive manufacturing environment, consider quality and occupational safety aspects, and develop an additive manufacturing supply chain.
Examination topics include:
- Operating principle and scope of metal-based additive manufacturing processes
- Process chains for the production of complex additive components
- Raw material, process parameters and optimization potentials
- Quality assurance measures
- Aspects of occupational safety
- Organization of the additive manufacturing supply chain
- Current status of standardization